People of all fitness levels and ages can benefit from walking, since walking has tremendous physical and mental health benefits. In addition to helping prevent certain diseases, walking can help prolong your life as well.
You will be able to reap the full benefits of walking in the UK, if you know when to go. There are several reasons you may be partial to walking at certain times of the day over others. Mentioned below are the upsides and downsides of working out in the morning, afternoon, and evening.
A Morning walk
Morning walks are better suited for an early riser than a night owl. Building a routine around a morning walk can be beneficial to your physical and mental health.
Benefits of morning exercise
- The morning workout will leave you feeling refreshed and energised with the increase in blood flow and an awakened nervous system.
- When you warm up, you will feel more awake so that you can continue exercising and it will reduce the stiffness of your body.
- A morning walk does not fail to increase your alertness and is sure to assist you in staying focused throughout the day.
- You could make a healthy habit of beginning each day at the same time, and creating a routine to go walking bright and early in the morning.
- You will be able to feel the less polluted cooler air if you are exercising outdoors.
An Afternoon walk
It is not for everyone to walk in the afternoon. However, some people feel quite comfortable doing so. It is however deemed difficult by some due to a number of factors that will be addressed below.
Benefits of an afternoon walk
- If you work a physical job, getting some exercise during the day can be beneficial to your health.
- It is a good time to interact with your walking companions and get away from your work desk.
- A vigorous walk can boost blood flow to the brain, making you more alert when you return to work in the afternoon.
- If you are prone to an afternoon slump, it could be very effective.
- Allows you to get used to having lunch at a set time daily which is good for your health.
An Evening Walk
The evening is an amazing time to go for a walk. If you have some spare time in the late afternoon on a regular basis, this could be a good time to exercise.
Benefits of evening walks
- The evening walk will assist you in regulating your systems after a hard day of work.
- An evening workout can indeed be precisely what you need to unwind after a long day at work.
- Evening exercise can help you avoid having a late dinner in addition to helping you channel your energy and boredom to keep moving.
- Evening exercise after dinner can be a great way to destress, reconnect with family while engaging in a healthy activity.
Walking as an outdoor activity in the UK is beneficial in attaining a healthy life. The greatest time to walk is when it fits best within your schedule so that you can do it on a regular basis. Choose a time of the day when it’s easier to form a habit, and commit to walking or exercising multiple times each week.