You must pick between an online or offline application once you’ve determined the VISA category you want to apply for. Many organizations will do all the work for you for a modest cost, but if you prefer to do things yourself, we have a step-by-step checklist to ensure you have all the information you’ll need to apply to the UK embassy.
You can refer to the breakdown of the application procedure. Make sure that you don’t miss any details and don’t skip the first stage in the UK embassy application process.
1. The first and most important step is to figure out what kind of visa you’ll need. A work permit, a student visa, a family visa, or a visitor visa are all possible options. To apply for a UK visa, your place of origin, the purpose of your trip, and the length of your stay will all affect your eligibility; other criteria that affect your eligibility include.
- If you can show that your entry into the UK will be beneficial to the country and its citizens rather than damaging,
- If you can demonstrate your eligibility for a visa,
- If you have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months,
- You must not be involved in any criminal conduct at the time of application.
- If you can show that you have the financial means to sustain yourself and your dependents for the period of their stay, you may be eligible.
- Applicants must pass medical exams in order to receive a clean bill of health.
2. Before heading for the embassy, ensure to keep your application and legal documents safe and conveniently accessible. Walk-in applications will not be accepted by any embassy, and you must schedule an official appointment before your name is called out. Make sure you have all of the necessary documents in a folder with copies of the originals — you never know when you’ll need them.
3. Visa Embassy: After you’ve completed the UK visa application process and handed in all required documents, you’ll be given an acknowledgment receipt that you may use to pick up your application later.
4. Visa Application: It will take about 15 to 20 minutes to verify your application materials once they are in the verification process. Your application form and travel papers will be reviewed, and if everything is in order, the documents, together with your passport, will need to be delivered to the embassy until the verification and approval procedure is completed.
5. Information into the embassy system
6. Biometric fingerprint scan
Depending on the type of visa and the duration of the visa application fees will vary from 97GBP for six months to 186GBP for 11 months for short-term study Visa.
- Tier 4 student visa that is the general type will cost 348GBP.
- Lastly tier 4 student visa for a child under the age of 16 will also cost 348GBP.
When you submit your biometrics, your application begins to be processed, and it concludes when you pick up your passport. As previously said, the complete process takes around three weeks, with one week equaling five working days. You can, however, call the visa application centre if you desire a Tier 4 student visa determination as soon as possible. There are two services that provide priority visa collection:
- 800 GBP + 348 GBP for collection within 24 hours
- 500 GBP + 348 GBP for collection within 5 days